Current 1.9 release blocking bugs

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed Jul 14 12:41:17 PDT 2010

Here's the current list of bugs blocking the 1.9 release:

        A couple of rendering issues remaining that need Xlib test
        cases, and then a handful of input bugs. Otherwise, I think
        we're in good shape.

Details:

    *     3040:  Bad interaction between xinerama and xfs

Recent ignore/attend changes may make this easy to fix.

    *     3370: Suggested change for ConfineTo

Patch in bug, testing needed.

    *     4652: Xv + Silkenmouse = Lethal race condition

This sure looks like a driver bug -- the frame is only updated in normal
process execution, so if there is synchronization required, that's the
driver's problem. I'm tempted to close this one as 'not our problem'.

    *     7681: zero-sized a1 glyphs stop further text drawing

Still need a pure Render test case to verify that this is fixed.

    *    11053: Buffer overflow in fbCopyArea()

Still no clue

    *    11503: Xserver 1.3 crash in fbPolyline() when using xpdf

Test case required.

    *    14267: Xserver ignores Option PreferredMode for the second output when there's a Preferred for the first output

This isn't getting fixed for 1.9; I'm removing the dependency.

    *    14648: DamageSubtract is misdesigned, making DeltaRectangles mode unusable

I don't think this is a bug; I'm closing it.

    *    23938: keys occasionally get stuck with xorg-server 1.6.99.901

I haven't heard from Peter on this one

    *    23985: Excessive core motion events for subpixel motions

This is essentially a feature request to reduce duplicate motion events.

    *    24094: CTRL-ALT-F1 doesn't switch to VT1 (provides garbage input to terminal instead)
    *    24856: xorg-server-1.7.1 mouse cursor not moving from MouseKeys
    *    25801: Switching VT re-enables XBell(), ignoring 'xset b off'

Peter?

    *    27428: xrandr events delayed until a key is pressed

Anyone have a test case?

    *    27804: Enter/Leave event woes with multiple master devices.

Peter?

keith.packard at intel.com