[Xcb] Porting the rest of the X.Org apps to xcb

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Fri Jul 16 10:43:54 PDT 2010

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 15:58:21 +0100, Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org> wrote:

> Mm, there's a lot in xcompmgr that makes it a great example of how not
> to design a compositing manager.  Unless you don't care in the least
> about efficiency or aesthetics (which is sort of the point of a
> compmgr).

xcompmgr was written purely as a way of testing the Composite
extension, it was never 'designed'. A nice, simple, xcb-based demo
compositing manager would be a useful replacement (something that just
does compositing, without any special effects). I found the hardest part
to be tracking the X stacking order without ever calling XQueryTree.

keith.packard at intel.com