New approach to multitouch using DIDs and bitmasked events

Simon Thum simon.thum at gmx.de
Sun Jul 18 03:38:04 PDT 2010

Am 06.07.2010 22:39, schrieb Peter Hutterer:
>>> what changes did you have planned?
>> Well, I thought I'd make a function which does common
>> post-initialization (post = after driver inited structs). To be
>> sensible, this must be in xf86 so we can parse/access options.
>> Currently, it's hacked into xf86InitValuatorAxis because of that.
>>
>> It you're moving toward server-inited structs, I guess such a post-init
>> point will come to live?
>
> well, there's already xf86ProcessCommonOptions and there is no reason
> another one couldn't exist. Possibly one automatically called after a
> successful PreInit().
Yes, I just checked back and that's exactly what I would need. Same for
a static configuration of input transforms, I guess.

Are you already working on this? I want to make sure we get this fixed.
I'd problby do something naive like the attached stuff, though a hook in
dix might be preferable. (Just for communicating my idea of it, don't
apply!)

(And sorry for letting this rot in my inbox!)

Cheers,

Simon