New approach to multitouch using DIDs and bitmasked events

Simon Thum simon.thum at gmx.de
Tue Jul 20 12:16:43 PDT 2010

Am 19.07.2010 07:17, schrieb Peter Hutterer:
> I don't think slotting it on top is just the way to go. Look at the driver
> init process as a whole, it's a mess. some stuff is in the DIX, other stuff
> in the DDX, rather randomly distributed in parts. I think mapping out a more
> streamlined init process and then figuring out where to put the post init is
> probably a better approach.
Better - yes!
Available - <please fill in :) >

I guess the dix parts relate to standardized behaviors (i.e.
enabled/disabled devices), while the
DDX part is more implementation-specific. As long as the distribution is
along those lines, it doesn't sound too bad to me.

>>  EventListPtr xf86Events = NULL;
>>
>> +static int
>> +xf86InputDeviceAfterDriverInit(DeviceIntPtr dev);
>
> why not just call it xf86PostInitDevice?
Just because there's a lot of functions xf86Post*()
which do post events.

Cheers,

Simon