Should _XIOError really exit() ?

Peter Harris pharris at opentext.com
Thu Jul 29 12:20:25 PDT 2010

On 2010-07-29 14:37, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
> Should _XIOError in libX11 really exit() even if the developer
> provides their own io error handler?  That seems extreme and prevents
> recovery.  It took me quite a while to actually discover that I was
> exiting at this point:

The docs do say that the program will exit if you return from your error
handler. The common idiom is to longjmp out of your error handler if you
don't want the program to exit.

I will note that XCB doesn't have this misfeature.

Peter Harris
--
               Open Text Connectivity Solutions Group
Peter Harris                    http://connectivity.opentext.com/