Matt Dew matt at osource.org
Tue Jun 1 06:48:19 PDT 2010

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 8:16 PM, Dirk Wallenstein <halsmit at t-online.de> wrote:
> On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 07:39:48PM +0800, Matt Dew wrote:
>>
>> Hi Dirk,
>>   Nice work on this.    As a newbie, I appreciate it.    Any chance
>> you have time to update the wiki page with the info in your email?
>>
>> I'm running jhbuild for the first time now,
>> Matt
>
> Absolutely, just not yet. There are some major features yet to come. The
> git-like repogroup-local-configuration is a comprehensive change, and
> the jhbuild patches should be available in the mainline.
>
> The repogroup-local-configuration will enable diverse mini-features,
> like repogroup and module display in the prompt and easy inter-module
> navigation, eg:
>        (test|libX11|master) $> cdx xserver
>        (test|xserver|master) $>
>
> I will edit the wiki when the behavior is stable.
> Thanks, for testing.
>
> --
> Greetings,
> Dirk

Hi Dirk,
 I installed x-jhbuild and ran 'x-jhbuild build xorg'
got two errors that caused the build to fail.

*** Building libXxf86vm *** [61/168]
make
Makefile:1: *** target pattern contains no `%'.  Stop.
*** Error during phase build of libXxf86vm: ########## Error running
make   *** [61/168]

  [1] Rerun phase build
  [2] Ignore error and continue to install
  [3] Give up on module
  [4] Start shell
  [5] Reload configuration
  [6] Go to phase "wipe directory and start over"
  [7] Go to phase "configure"
  [8] Go to phase "clean"
  [9] Go to phase "distclean"
choice:

*** Checking out libdmx *** [62/168]
*** Error during phase checkout of libdmx: Error running ['git',
'diff'] *** [62/168]

  [1] Rerun phase checkout
  [2] Ignore error and continue to configure