Who can explain the diff between Xserver-1.6.4 version and >1.7 version about the ExaGetPixmapAddress?

Maarten Maathuis madman2003 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 02:38:39 PDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 5:10 AM, Cui, Hunk <Hunk.Cui at amd.com> wrote:
> Hi, Chris,
>
>        Thank you for your help, I will ask Maarten to give some suggestion.
>
> Hi, Maarten,
>
>        Could you explain the diff (http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit/?id=ac7ac913fd98ea359c05c89968ab53a3223615b4) about the exaGetPixmapOffset change. I need your help.
>        Because in our AMD geode LX driver, the return crtc->rotatedData address have been given to pDstExaPix->sys_ptr. How to handle it?

(Forgot to CC it to the mailinglist)

If i understand this correctly, you malloc'ed some memory for
rotatedData? Don't do that, use exaOffscreenAlloc to allocate the
memory and add that memory to a scratch pixmap. Some drivers probably
still have examples of that. If you look here
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati/tree/src/radeon_crtc.c#n634
and check what radeon_legacy_allocate_memory does then you'll see it
does this.

--
Life spent, a precious moment, in the wink of an eye we live and we die.