About ExaOffscreenDefragment in Geode LX platform Rotate operation

Maarten Maathuis madman2003 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 10:12:41 PDT 2010

2010/6/21 Cui, Hunk <Hunk.Cui at amd.com>:
> Hi, Maarten & Michel
>
>        Thanks for your reminder about the exaAllocOffscreen, now I try to modify the memorySize. Meet some question. Please see below:
>
> 1). Can you explain ExaOffscreenDefragment -> prev->offset? When do the rotate operation, where is triggered this function and what is the prev->offset value?

I think ExaOffscreenDefragment is triggered from the block handler
(but i didn't check).

> 2). Now I add the memorySize length(+1) when lx_crtc_shadow_allocate, after rotate normal, subtract the former memorySize length(-1) when lx_crtc_shadow_destroy. I have been used this methods to test the Geode LX platform for two days, It can properly rotate in Xserver 1.8 and 1.7.      Because I have some confuse on memorysize, so I want to ask you whether this approach is correct. I can not explain too specific. Can you explain it?

Don't change memorySize (it should include the size you previously
subtracted for rotatedData), do exaOffscreenAlloc at the beginning if
you want to be 100% sure there is space. But i think only the
frontbuffer is fixed memory, the rest will be kicked out if needed.

--
Life spent, a precious moment, in the wink of an eye we live and we die.