[Xcb] X.Org app dependencies on xcb-util libraries

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Thu Jun 24 08:29:28 PDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 24 2010, Alan Coopersmith wrote:

> One question remaining before I push my xwininfo port to xcb - are we okay
> with stable bits of the X.Org katamari depending on the unstable libraries
> from xcb-utils?   This uses xcb-event & xcb-icccm - obviously both could be
> replaced by inlining the necessary support, but code duplication kills
> maintainers, so it's not my preferred solution.   (I have even been wondering
> if the multiple copies of "dsimple.c" in the apps should be replaced by a new
> library, but don't have that much energy/time at the moment.)

xcb-icccm should be stable now, I don't think it will change anytime
soon.
Not so sure about xcb-event tho, I can't recall what was the final
decision about it, but IIRC, that my point of view was DIE DIE DIE,
except for the some #define that should be in XCB itself.

The xcb at l.fd.o archive might have an answer.

--
Julien Danjou
// ᐰ <julien at danjou.info>   http://julien.danjou.info