[ANNOUNCE] xorg-server 1.7.5.901

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz arekm at maven.pl
Thu Mar 4 23:51:49 PST 2010

On Friday 05 of March 2010, Peter Hutterer wrote:
> The first and likely only RC for 1.7.6 with a bunch of fixes all over the
> place. This release finally brings the RECORD extension back, promised for
> more-or-less every point release since 1.7.0. There's one more
> record-related patch on the list that I want to get into 1.7.6 but other
> than that I think we're shaping up quite nicely.
>
> Note that the minimum requirements have changed to libselinux 2.0.86
> (released before 1.7.0 came out, so that shouldn't be an issue for most of
> you).

I have kernel without selinux compiled in but xserver with xselinux support
enabled. The result is that it starts but then "hangs" with black screen at

  (II) Initializing built-in extension DAMAGE

(and the next line should be something like)

 (II) AIGLX: enabled GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer

http://pastebin.ca/1823566

Didn't test 1.7.5 or any other version with selinux enabled. 1.7.5.901 was
first here with selinux.

Disabling xselinux and the problem is gone.

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz        PLD/Linux Team