Proposal for per-CRTC pixmaps in RandR

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Fri Mar 12 18:39:31 PST 2010

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 17:11:33 -0800 (PST), Andy Ritger <aritger at nvidia.com> wrote:

> OK, thanks.  The piece I was missing before was that you planned to
> fallback to software if the window was larger than the rendering engine's
> max buffer size.  That seems like a steep cliff in a common case, but
> I won't argue.

Users get trained pretty quickly to make their windows smaller :-)

I don't have any requirements to support windows larger than a monitor
at this point, and all of my 2048 hardware can't drive anything wider
than that.

> Sure; that's fair.

Cool. I thought I'd pique your interest when I suggested adding this at
the same time :-)

keith.packard at intel.com