[Patch] Evdev and acceleration

Simon Thum simon.thum at gmx.de
Tue Mar 16 08:59:47 PDT 2010

Hi,

the hack that is pointer acceleration's init parts bit me. Currently,
this is done during driver calls into xf86InitValuatorDefaults(..., 0).
But since I increased exposure to driver details by fiddling with the
feedback class (see 032f97808c65771a07bac748212cf6457a5d1660), I managed
to cut off evdev, which initializes the feedback class _after_ the
valuators.

Net effect: Evdev devices can't have accel settings tuned using config
fragments ATM. X.org 1.7 is unaffected.

I attached a small patch which brings evdev in line with others. Of
course, the proper fix would be to make pointer accel's initialization
sane. But that would require changes to many drivers, and I'm too
swamped for that ATM.

Since the fix is unintrusive, I propose it as a tempoary solution. And I
pledge to fix things later that year :)

Cheers,

Simon