A question for Xserver debug

Wed Mar 24 06:20:10 PDT 2010

Huang, FrankR wrote:
> Hi,all
>
>             I am debugging the xserver code now. But one thing has
> puzzled me.
>
>             When I add some modification to /dix/main.c , then make &
> make install. Though the new main.c file has been compiled, no
> modification effect display.
>
>             After that, I do some modification to
> /hw/xfree86/common/xf86Init.c. Do the same steps. The modification to
> main.c displays at the same time. Why this happens??

No one has ever gone through the exercise of ensuring the complex
dependencies are properly setup to force rebuilding the Xorg server
any time any related file changes.   Sometimes you just have to
manually rm hw/xfree86/Xorg and then make install.   If this annoys
you, we're happy to review proposed patches to improve it.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com