[PULL] input fixes for 1.8

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Wed Mar 24 22:36:46 PDT 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 06:13:18AM +0100, Keith Packard wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 11:36:31 +1000, Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at who-t.net> wrote:
>
> > Please pull from my repo for a set of 1.8 fixes. The most obvious fix is the
> > change to use udev by default if available rather than requiring it be
> > explicitly enabled at configure time.
>
> Are you sure we've got enough test coverage in the 1.8 release series to
> switch this close to the release? I know I haven't been running udev yet
> as it hasn't been the default...

We've had it in F-13/rawhide since February 16. Except for the wacom
hotplugging issue (included in this pull) we haven't had a lot of glitches.
Feedback so far war positive and being able to tell bug reporters that they
don't have to mangle fdi files is a charm.

There is one patch left to strip the excessive quotes from the device names.
Other than that, I'd say go for it. CC-ing Dan for his comment - his
InputClass features are the main chunk of this after all.

Cheers,
  Peter