helping organize x.org documentation

Tiago Vignatti tiago.vignatti at nokia.com
Thu Mar 25 07:21:53 PDT 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 02:18:57PM +0100, ext Matt Dew wrote:
>   I want to help organize the X.org documentation.   Is anyone
> working on this?  I'm looking for some direction  as to where to start,
> who to ask, who to help, what to do, where to go, etc.

Indeed, X documentation is sparse everywhere.

We've been trying to collect some information in our wiki page [0]. But mostly
there are related with development [1]. Wikipedia's articles are very nice
either [2] (maybe these pages are overlapping something though). DRI guys have
done a better job and organized some docs [3]. There's also some documentation
in our repositories [4]. Besides this all, there's some sparse papers on the
Web, such X protocol, keithp's, jim gettys, others.

Therefore, if you want to help, I'd suggest you to start collect them all,
set up a wiki page at wiki.x.org, and let it with a nice presentation to
people start to in fact use such page (yes it's important!).

Thanks for worrying,

[0] http://wiki.x.org
[1] http://wiki.x.org/wiki/DeveloperStart
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_window_system,