GSoC Idea: Adding support for DMX screens to dix

Cody Maloney cmaloney at theoreticalchaos.com
Mon Mar 29 12:10:17 PDT 2010

Hi,
Currently the DMX X server works well enough to get display walls up
and running. What I'd like to do is make it so that from a running X
server you can dynamically add and remove DMX screens, without the
need of the seperate DMX proxy server. This would be useful for
instance to setup/use network screens/projectors. In addition, over it
could move to replace the dmx X server which would mean that dmx would
always be up to date with modern extensions. I'm not sure how feasible
it is to add it to dix, and if there's a lot of work that needs to be
done before it could happen (Removing MAXSCREENS?).

Sincerely,
Cody Maloney