Smooth scrolling

Max Schwarz Max at x-quadraht.de
Wed Mar 31 04:03:29 PDT 2010

Okay, here are a few more specific questions:

1) The proper way of reporting higher-resolution scrolling in the input driver
would be an additional relative valuator, wouldn't it?
If so, how can I find the right valuator later in X.org to process the events?
Should I post the events using xf86PostMotionEvent or create a new
xf86PostScrollEvent?

2) I really would like to extend the keyButtonPointer xEvent in Xproto.h to
report the relative scrolling motions, but would that break compability?
Should I use GenericEvent?

Thank you,
  Max Schwarz