Congratulations and thanks on behalf of the X Window System, and all those who contributed to it.

Jim Gettys jg at freedesktop.org
Mon May 3 17:09:04 PDT 2010

Rob,

Please forward this to all in Red Hat and Novell, Gibson Dunn, and
others who contributed to the defense of the X Window System and Linux
in the IP Innovations suit.

The X Window System that Bob Scheifler and I started in 1984 rapidly
became a community effort that has sustained it to this day.  On behalf
of these thousands of contributors over all these years, I would like to
thank all of you for all your efforts and hard work as part of this
community.  You may not know us, and we may not know you, but we
continue to form an extended community.  From the community you are now
part of, THANK YOU!

		Jim Gettys