Help With setting Window Borders

Peter Harris pharris at opentext.com
Wed May 5 12:42:50 PDT 2010

On 2010-05-05 15:33, John Eke wrote:
> Sorry about all that Peter, I have attached a capture file from
> wireshark.

Please don't attach large binary files to messages sent to a mailing
list. It is far better to host the file and include a link.

> I hope the information in the capture is sufficient.

This is just a tiny fragment. It does not include most of the action.

Anyway, setting override-redirect after the window is mapped is far too
late. If the window manager already reparented your window, the new
border will be invisible (ie. outside the visible area of the parent
window).

Peter Harris
--
               Open Text Connectivity Solutions Group