Dirk Wallenstein halsmit at t-online.de
Thu May 6 06:48:52 PDT 2010

On Thu, May 06, 2010 at 09:13:10AM -0400, Joel Feiner wrote:
> On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 6:36 AM, Dirk Wallenstein <halsmit at t-online.de>wrote:
>
> <snip>
>

> > Layout
> > ------
> > The attached archive contains the following tree structure that has to
> > be unpacked and placed in you home directory.
> > ~/.x-jhbuild
> >      |-- bin
> >      |   `-- x-jhbuild
> >      |-- config
> >      |   |-- default.xjh
> >      |   `-- tracking.xjh
> >      |-- modulesets
> >      |   |-- tracking.modules
> >      |   `-- xorg.modules
> >      `-- plugins
> >          |-- addthis
> >          |-- revdep-rebuild
> >          `-- testme
> >

> Don't the .modules files need to come from xorg/utils/modular?
>
> <snip>

They don't have to. You can edit them to your needs.
In this first release I wanted to keep it as simple as possible -- in
particular the error checking. If you, for example, want to specify
modulesets_dir relative modules files and don't have nonetwork=True,
there's always the attempt to download the modules file from gnome.org.
Later there can be online managed modules files.
For example, the default module could always be
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/util/modular/blob/xorg.modules