[PULL libXdmcp] Cleanups: getting rid of X{alloc, free, realloc}, others

Mikhail Gusarov dottedmag at dottedmag.net
Fri May 7 12:48:25 PDT 2010

Twas brillig at 08:58:30 06.05.2010 UTC-07 when alan.coopersmith at oracle.com did gyre and gimble:

 AC> I've pushed to master the smaller set of patches I had put out for
 AC> review at the same time, so now there are merge conflicts from a
 AC> pull.

I will redo my patchset.

 AC> For now, I've just reviewed from the web view at
 AC> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~dottedmag/libXdmcp/log/?h=cleanups

 >> Mikhail Gusarov (4):
 >>       Get rid of Xalloc/Xrealloc/Xfree from X server or Xlib

 AC> Besides the Windows issues mentioned earlier, I also wonder if
 AC> you've checked all the callers of libXdmcp to make sure they don't
 AC> free directly but only through the libXdmcp calls.

Just did - X servers, gdm, gdm3, kdm, wdm, xdm, Xlib and libxcb1 are
okay. Are there other users of libxdmcp?

Other reverse-depends from my Debian turned out to be just noise with
application unnecessary linked to libxdmcp.

 >> Unifdef STREAMSCONN and Lynx

 AC> My patch killed Lynx already.  As for STREAMSCONN, I think SCO was
 AC> the last actively supported platform that supported it, but I don't
 AC> think libXdmcp should remove it as long as libX11 & Xserver still
 AC> have their support in.

Ack. Will drop this patch.

--
  http://fossarchy.blogspot.com/