Composite Quesiton

Jonathan Morton jonathan.morton at movial.com
Tue May 18 06:11:53 PDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-18 at 11:10 +0800, Huang, FrankR wrote:
> I have used OVER operation to produce what I want on RS690 platform.
> But in the geode driver, I found that it can not do the SRC and OVER
> rendering correctly.

That would be a fairly serious bug.  Does it work with Option "NoAccel"
set?

> I am now firstly focusing the SRC operation. From your explanation, a
> (1,0,1,0) to (0,0,0,0) transfer is done outside the 20x20 mask region.
> Is it done by Xserver or driver? I think it is done by driver, is it
> correct?

It's an inherent part of the XRender spec.  Whether the driver, hardware
or xserver does any particular operation depends on whether the driver
claims to be able to accelerate it.

> Any reference code to see how the driver to handle it? I want to fix
> the bug in the geode driver.

My advice is to obtain the Rendercheck program.  It runs an insane
number of very small tests to (almost) exhaustively exercise XRender.
When a test fails, it displays the inputs, expected output and actual
output.  Run it on an unaccelerated driver first, to prove to yourself
that it works.

--
------
From: Jonathan Morton