helping organize x.org documentation

Matt Dew matt at osource.org
Thu May 27 01:41:07 PDT 2010

<snip>

> you might want to run such "architectural overviews" drawings past the
> xorg-devel mailing list. I've seen some interesting ones... and this one is
> bit confusing and incomplete.

I'm very happy to run that by folks.   In my searching, I felt this
was the most useful to someone who has no idea how things fit
together, but I do agree it's confusing.   After reading the
discussion that was attached to that drawing, there are a lot of
people who would really like a good overall diagram of X.

Consider this a specific request for a 'X Org architectural overview diagram'.
Does anyone have a good one?  Or wanna mark that one up?

<snip>

>> I'm trying to collect existing information and put it in one place in
>> a consistent manner so things are easy to find.
>
> this place can't be the xorg wiki?
>
> if you want to restructure it, I'm all for it but it seems that duplicating
> the information there in some other template would just add to the
> confusion.

The xorg wiki is the right place for this info and I don't wanna
duplicate anything.  I'm completely new to X and didn't wanna start
making changes to the wiki, cause I'm gonna make mistakes. ;)   So I
put all my stuff over here with the full expectation of moving it over
later.   This is just the rounding stuff up stage and over here I can
easily move things around if a different organization makes more
sense.    I just used a different template because with this one I
find this one easier to locate stuff.

thanks for the feedback Peter,
Matt