Premultiplied alpha handle for driver

Huang, FrankR FrankR.Huang at amd.com
Mon May 31 18:41:59 PDT 2010

Any update?

________________________________

From: xorg-devel-bounces+frankr.huang=amd.com at lists.x.org [mailto:xorg-devel-bounces+frankr.huang=amd.com at lists.x.org] On Behalf Of Huang, FrankR
Sent: 2010年5月31日 10:42
To: xorg-devel at lists.x.org
Subject: Premultiplied alpha handle for driver

Hi all,

            A question to ask.

            We know the premultiplied alpha will be used sometimes in blend. Is that used in the graphics driver?

            Take an example:

                        If we use a XRenderComposite() function to do the rendering:

                                   XRenderComposite(dyp, PictOpOver, picture_1x1[0].pict, mask_20x20[0].pict, win->pict, 0, 0, 0, 0, 50, 50, 40, 40);

                                    And the picture_1x1[0] is a ARGB picture with an alpha value; mask_20x20[0] is a A8 picture with an alpha value.

                        How the driver(do_composite) handle this two alpha value?

Thanks,

Frank