fop "requiring" a GUI

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 06:06:22 PST 2010

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 7:43 PM, Jeremy Huddleston <jeremyhu at apple.com> wrote:
> This came up a while ago that building documentation failed without a GUI due to some oddities in fop... this can be worked around by adding -Djava.awt.headless=true to FOP_OPTS, so maybe we should set that by default.

Wow, thanks fop. This seems like a safe thing to do, and I've seen
other java apps have to do the same kind of crap. FWIW, it seems
debian had a patch for this in the past, but doesn't seem to now:

The other thing I notice is that on fedora the fop script is really
simple, but the upstream one has a bunch of crap that might be pulling
in awt.

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=fop.git;a=blob_plain;f=fop.script;hb=HEAD
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/fop

Anyway, it seems like the right thing to do.

--
Dan