[RFC] Multi-Touch (MT) support - arbitration or not

Ping Cheng pinglinux at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 14:10:38 PST 2010

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 1:38 PM, Henrik Rydberg <rydberg at euromail.se> wrote:

>> Are we going to do the tocuh and pen aribtration in input-mt.c? I need
>> to understand this to make my patches.
>
> If the pen is implemented as just another contact, it will also be treated as
> such, and arbitration becomes the same thing as single-pointer emulation.

As we discussed earlier, pen is on a separate logical port for USB
devices. But that should not be an issue in the kernel driver, i.e.,
input-mt.c.

I'd love to wait for the implementation of input-mt.c. Do you have a
rough timeline for it?

If we want to merge pen, and other tool types in the future, into the
same MT slot, a way to tell the userland of the different size and
resolution of the tool is a must. Or maybe you have other suggestions
on "pen is implemented as just another contact"?

Ping