driver/xf86-input-keyboard wants IDevPtr

Trevor Woerner twoerner at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 13:59:39 PST 2010

Of the 10 input drivers of which build.sh is aware:

driver/xf86-input-aiptek
driver/xf86-input-evdev
driver/xf86-input-joystick
driver/xf86-input-vmmouse
driver/xf86-input-acecad
driver/xf86-input-keyboard
driver/xf86-input-mouse
driver/xf86-input-penmount
driver/xf86-input-synaptics
driver/xf86-input-void

The following drivers fail to compile due to this same issue:

    driver/xf86-input-aiptek
    driver/xf86-input-joystick
    driver/xf86-input-acecad
    driver/xf86-input-keyboard
    driver/xf86-input-mouse
    driver/xf86-input-penmount
    driver/xf86-input-void

In other words only the following successfully compile:

driver/xf86-input-evdev
driver/xf86-input-vmmouse
driver/xf86-input-synaptics

All from the same issue you mention.

I had started trying to fix up the driver/xf86-input-aiptek driver to
try to get it compiling again but ran into the issue that the
semantics of InputDriverRec's PreInit function changed from returning
a InputInfoPtr to returning a status. If it were simply a matter of
search and replace with the appropriate ABI checks I could have
handled it, but with the changing semantics I'm not so sure and would
need more guidance.

Best regards,
    Trevor