Patches to stop libtool droppings (#4898)

Gaetan Nadon memsize at videotron.ca
Fri Nov 19 19:01:19 PST 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-19 at 14:58 -0800, Jesse Adkins wrote:

> Following this is a whopping 66 patches. These patches cover every driver
> listed under cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/ (So wacom and some other got
> skipped). I skipped the drivers where configure was set to fail.

Can you elaborate, perhaps in the bug report, the motivation for
removing this file?
All I read is that we don't want it or it's no needed. It must be
important enough for some
to justify adding this makefile hook. It is important to make sure that,
in a few months from now,
someone does not show up and say that it is needed for some reasons.

Are there any plans to also make the same patch for the libs?

There are a few drivers I know that require the maintainers approval for
patches:
vmmouse vmware ati nv intel geode.