Respository vandalism by root at ...fd.o

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Tue Nov 23 15:34:14 PST 2010

Egbert Eich wrote:
> It strikes me that this should be downplayed.

I assume you meant should *not* be downplayed.   It should also
not be overplayed - mailing xorg users list & "alerting the media"
were simply seeking attention and distracting from solving the real
problems at hand.

> Please bear in mind that this is something which could happen
> again at any time to any project and branch.
> Either there is a security breech somewhere or someone with
> admin priviledges has lost his marbles and clearly went over
> the top. fd.o doesn't need either.

Both you & Luc know the correct e-mail addresses for the X.Org
Board if you want to lodge a complaint against a member, and for
the FreeDesktop.Org site admins to report a potential breach
and ask for investigation.

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com