Who actually does have root? [was Re: Respository ...]

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Sun Nov 28 13:01:20 PST 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 06:40:54PM +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:

> We could probably better define this sort of things, again fd.o has
> been a pretty haphazard setup based on volunteer time and effort, but
> again hopefully we can get some escalation procedures in place that
> are less public.
>
> Dave.

In fact, more visibility is what is needed, not less!

Just like with the fundamental change that happened with the X.org
board earlier this year: we need to know who is doing what, before we
can trust it.

In my very first email i asked who all had root access to the fd.o
machines. I haven't got an answer to that yet.