Fixing screen savers

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Oct 28 08:51:14 PDT 2010

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 09:03:00 -0400, Adam Jackson <ajax at nwnk.net> wrote:

> This sounds like it's ignoring per-output DPMS.

We don't have per-output DPMS in RandR yet.

> I kind of want to drop the DPMS extension entirely if we can.  It's
> really quite awful to implement since it's per-display state not
> per-screen.  I'm not sure how much existing code relies on it though.

I'd be up for that. Not having it at all would simplify the code
tremendously. My main concern is whether the ability to control all
three DPMS intervals is required by any standard or legislation. What I
don't want to see is some additional external configuration for DPMS
intervals.

keith.packard at intel.com