[ANNOUNCE] libXcomposite 0.4.3

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Thu Oct 28 11:08:49 PDT 2010

On Oct 28, 2010, at 10:23, Gaetan Nadon wrote:

> On Wed, 2010-10-27 at 23:27 -0700, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
>
>> It looks like libXcomposite doesn't have a --disable-docs,
>> --disable-specs, nor --disable-docs-devel, but it does have
>> --without-fop ...
>
> I don't see a --without-fop configuration option. It goes from XML to
> man, no html, pdf, ps or txt format.

Sorry... I meant --without-xmlto (not fop)

> The one classification that is missing is MANPAGES, as there were never
> a way to not build them. If there is a requirement to not build all the
> man pages, it can be done. If the issue is simply related to a tool,
> then the option for the specific tool should be used.

The problem is that we have cyclic dependencies between xmlto and the X11 libraries in MacPorts, so I decided to push all the documentation into a variant.  By default, we --disable-{docs,devel-docs,specs} --without-{doxygen,xmlto,fop,groff,...} and we only enable them when the user requests it.

It sounds like this scheme would result in man pages not being built by default, but they still are because it looks like we fallback on using the .man generated by the packager's 'make dist'