Adittional layouts for Latvian keybord

Valdis Vītoliņš valdis.vitolins at odo.lv
Sun Sep 12 23:35:16 PDT 2010

Ergonomic layout is Latvian standard LVS 23-93, developed in typewriter
era and adapted for computers. It is available for Windows as Latvian
Ergonomic out of the box. Ergonomic and Adapted variant is taught in
touch typing courses. Adapted variant can be downloaded from portal
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=lv&ie=UTF-8&sl=lv&tl=en&u=http%
3A%2F%2Fraiti.lv%2F

Modern variant is redesigned ergonomic layout, adapting ideas from
Dvorak layout, though I can't say it is "Dvorak Latvian". Notes about
it's development are available in
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=lv&sl=lv&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%
2Fodo.lv%2F

As far as I know, few people are downloaded installation file from web
site, but I can't grant they are using it.

Keyboard layout is typical "chicken or the egg" problem and I believe it
should be solved starting from drivers, as it is easier and less
expensive part.

Valdis