composite overlay window + xinerama

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 19:52:00 PDT 2011

Hi ajax, (and I doubt Dave Reveman is reading).

Was just reading through the code, and was wondering why the composite
overlay window isn't marked as a panoramiX root window?

The panoramiX root annotation seems to mean that any drawing to the
window will be translated by the screenInfo x/y for the window
before being sent to the underlying screen.

Currently the root + screensaver window have this property, and I was
wondering if the composite overlay should also have it.

I've been trying to get Xephyr to show a bug, but xcompmgr doesn't use
the overlay window so I need to find a better test.

Dave.