xorg-devel Digest, Vol 27, Issue 41

Dushara Jayasinghe dushara.jayasinghe at hydrix.com
Tue Apr 12 23:34:09 PDT 2011

--

Hi Thanks for the reply.

No that wasn't the issue. To cut a long story short... I needed to
update some stuff on buildroot.

However, it's still not working properly. I had to add the attached
patch to get it to work with the frame buffer device I'm using. Xfbdev
runs fine now but when I execute xlogo, nothing is displayed on the
screen. The part of the screen gets 'cleared' so I know that it writes
*something* to /dev/fb0.

The output of fbset -i:

# fbset -i

mode "240x128-158"
# D: 5.000 MHz, H: 20.325 kHz, V: 157.560 Hz
geometry 240 128 240 128 1
timings 200000 3 1 0 0 2 1
rgba 0/0,0/0,0/0,0/0
endmode

Frame buffer device information:
Name : DISP0 BG
Address : 0x906b8000
Size : 4096
Type : PACKED PIXELS
Visual : MONO01
XPanStep : 1
YPanStep : 1
YWrapStep : 0
LineLength : 32
Accelerator : No
#

Any ideas on what I need to get it going?

P.S. Not sure if any changes to the linux frame buffer driver are
required e.g. is the rgba field in the mode section ok?

Thanks.
Dushara

Dushara Jayasinghe | Senior Software Engineer
dushara.jayasinghe at hydrix.com | +61 3 8573 5221
Hydrix: /Our Expertise – Your Competitive Advantage/
www.hydrix.com | fax +61 3 9572 2686 | phone +61 3 8573 5299