Xfbdev fails with "no screens found"

zt.tmzt at gmail.com zt.tmzt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 19:03:54 PDT 2011

Hi.
Could you explain in more detail what you are trying to do, include the
output of fbset on your hardware and what framebuffer driver you are using?

Xfbdev is not a nested server, don't see how setting DISPLAY would help.

If you can, please strace Xfbdev and include that as well. I assume an IOCTL
is failing though I don't see any detailed logs. Xfbdev is based on the
kdrive X server, it doesn't have the same configuration or logging as Xorg
servers do. Why do you need to use Xfbdev, does Xorg (fbdev driver) not
work?

Thanks,
Timothy Meade
tmzt on #xorg and #xorg-users

On Apr 13, 2011 7:50 PM, "Dushara Jayasinghe" <dushara.jayasinghe at hydrix.com>
wrote:

> Sorry reposting this coz I stuffed up the subject...
>
> On 13/04/2011 4:34 PM, Dushara Jayasinghe wrote:
>>
>>  On 12/04/2011 11:06 AM, xorg-devel-request at lists.x.org wrote:
>>>
>>> Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 21:55:27 +0200
>>> From: Abdoulaye Walsimou GAYE<awg at embtoolkit.org>
>>> Subject: Re: Xfbdev fails with "no screens found"
>>> To: xorg-devel at lists.x.org

LCD display. However, the command returns the following error: