Why no activity on this (nasty X segfault) bug?

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 14:36:25 PDT 2011

On 04/27/2011 10:12 AM, Ian Pilcher wrote:
> On 04/27/2011 10:00 AM, Mario Kleiner wrote:
>>
>> Original thread was this, between Michel and Keith:
>>
>> <http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2011-March/020716.html>
>>
>> The refined patch of Keith that needs testing:
>>
>> <http://www.mail-archive.com/xorg-devel@lists.x.org/msg20650.html>

OK, I have rebuilt the latest Fedora 15 xorg-x11-server SRPM with
Michel's "always regenerate front buffer information when asked for it"
patch from 25 March and Keith's "invalidate DRI2 buffers for all windows
with the same pixmap on swap" patch from 6 April.

Tested on my current system with Intel Core i7 2600 (HD 2000) graphics
and my old system with an ATI X1650 PRO adapter.  On both systems, the
two patches eliminate problems with corruption of the KDE screensaver
unlock dialog (seen when KWin compositing and an OpenGL screensaver are
used).

The problems that were foreshadowed by the dialog corruption were also
eliminated -- X segfault on the Intel system and a nasty "flickering"
effect that made X unusable on the ATI system.

If there is anything else that you'd like me to test before applying
these patches, please let me know.

Thanks!