Question about the modesetting on X server

Huang, FrankR FrankR.Huang at amd.com
Wed Apr 27 22:26:15 PDT 2011

Okay. I understand that. But how the X server knows that no cliens are connected again? Is there any time stamp to record it?
Let me describe my debug process. I use GDB to debug the X server. When the X server is booting up, I set the breakpoint on modesetting function. Then I run "xrandr -s 1280x1024" to set the mode. Then the modesetting in dispatch is executing. After that, the dispatch will break out and while loop in dix_mian execute again. So is there a time stamp in dispatch to know no clients are connected?

Thanks,
Frank