`PKG_CHECK_MODULES(X, xproto)'?

Gaetan Nadon memsize at videotron.ca
Fri Apr 29 04:53:51 PDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-04-28 at 21:22 -0700, Fred Liu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am following the instruction from "Building all modules with the build scripts" to build X11R76 as following:
>
> util/modular/build.sh $PREFIX
> ./configure: line 4899: syntax error near unexpected token `X,'
> ./configure: line 4899: `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(X, xproto)'
> build.sh: "autogen.sh" failed on util/makedepend
> build.sh: error processing module/component:  "util/makedepend"
>
> Any workaround?

Building makedepend was moved up as it is needed by "mesa".
It looks it was moved too early, before "proto".
In build.sh, can you move building makedepend after "build proto"
and check if it corrects the problem?
This problem will only happen on a very clean system.

if [ X"$MODFILE" = X ]; then
    # We must install the global macros before anything else
    build util macros
    build font util
    # Required by mesa
    build util makedepend