`PKG_CHECK_MODULES(X, xproto)'?

Gaetan Nadon memsize at videotron.ca
Fri Apr 29 15:34:47 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-04-29 at 05:01 -0700, Fred Liu wrote:
> Gaetan,
>

> I have tried moving, it is gone, but there is a new one like:

I assume you mean the makedepend module built successfully because the
xproto module was built beforehand.
I'll fix the script.

> configure.ac:39: the top level
>
> configure:5033: error: possibly undefined macro: m4_ifval
>
>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use
> m4_pattern_allow.
>
>       See the Autoconf documentation.
>
> configure:5037: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_CHECK_FILE
>
> autoreconf: /tool/util/.package/autoconf/2.68/bin/autoconf failed with
> exit status: 1
>
> build.sh: "autogen.sh" failed on doc/xorg-docs
>
> build.sh: error processing module/component:  "doc/xorg-docs"

There maybe some tooling packages missing or incomplete. I don't know
which distro/OS you are using. There is typically 20+ packages to
install that aren't installed by default. It's hard to tell from build
errors. It looks like you are starting to build from source on a clean
system. Take a look at this wiki:

http://wiki.x.org/wiki/ModularDevelopersGuide#RequiredTools
http://wiki.x.org/wiki/RequiredPackages