`PKG_CHECK_MODULES(X, xproto)'?

Fred Liu Fred_Liu at issi.com
Fri Apr 29 18:25:06 PDT 2011

Many thanks. I will have a try.

Fred

From: Gaetan Nadon [mailto:memsize at videotron.ca]
Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2011 7:02 AM
To: Fred Liu
Cc: X.Org Developers
Subject: RE: `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(X, xproto)'?

On Fri, 2011-04-29 at 15:41 -0700, Fred Liu wrote:
Gaetan,

Thanks.

Yes, I build from source on a clean system.

Do you have recommended OS or successful case to share?

The one you are most familiar with is usually the best choice. If you are creating a Linux From Scratch system, there is significant work in getting all the required tools installed. You will basically do all the work the distros are doing. Ubuntu and Fedora are popular distros and plenty of users.

I have read that module developers guide, but it is not detailed like

what LFS book does.
Correct, on the other hand it is sufficient to build from source from the main distros. The main source of build errors are missing/back level tools. I added the list of tools needed in this wiki:
http://wiki.x.org/wiki/RequiredPackages

Building is done continuously on various workstations and their build logs may help:
http://tinderbox.freedesktop.org/

I have very little info from which to make recommendations.

Many thanks.

Fred