noob question on Generic Event Extension

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Tue Aug 9 22:26:23 PDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 09, 2011 at 10:01:09PM -0700, Dhoti Walla wrote:
>    I downloaded xorg-server-1.9.3 and this has XGE.
>    But I'm also building xorg-server-X11R7.1-1.1.0 (I don't know what this
>    translates to in terms of 1.xx version) and this does not seem to have
>    XGE, or is not building it by default. I want to get XGE working on
>    this version because I want to use it with XRDP for remote desktop.
>    BTW, I'm very happy to be conversing with the author of XGE :-)

X11R7.1 was released in 2006, well before XGE. It comes with server 1.1.0,
we're now up to 1.10.3. I recommend using that one, you'll run into all
sorts of issues otherwise (unless everything else on your box is from 2006
too).

http://who-t.blogspot.com/2009/10/x11r75-released-but-what-is-it.html might
be worth reading too.

Cheers,