libXaw3d: optional features

Gaetan Nadon memsize at videotron.ca
Sat Aug 27 17:46:40 PDT 2011

On Sat, 2011-08-27 at 19:35 +0200, Rafał Mużyło wrote:

> First a minor nitpick about "Use AM_YFLAGS and BUILT_SOURCES rather
> than
> EXTRA_DIST" patch:
> while BUILT_SOURCES is probably the correct solution there, AM_YFLAGS
> are redundant, it's already handled elsewhere.

When not using "AM_YFLAGS = -d", laygram.h is not included in the
tarball, but still generated. Building the tarball on a computer when
yacc is not installed produces this error:

        make[1]: *** No rule to make target `laygram.h', needed by `all'.  Stop.

The yacc package is not required to build a tarball as the generated
code is included in the said tarball, so laygram.h must be included.

This target is missing in the makefile, so it does not work on a git
build either.

        laygram.h: laygram.c
        	@if test ! -f $@; then \
        	  rm -f laygram.c; \
        	  $(MAKE) $(AM_MAKEFLAGS) laygram.c; \
        	else :; fi

Thanks for mentioning this, I had not gone to that level of details yet.