[PULL] Input changes in preparation for multitouch

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Thu Dec 8 19:33:33 PST 2011

On Thu, Dec 08, 2011 at 07:04:05PM -0800, Keith Packard wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 10:50:33 +1000, Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at who-t.net> wrote:
>
> >       dix: switch the syncEvent queue to a struct list
>
> This exposes PlayReleasedEvents as a global function (for testing),
> which seems odd, but I guess it's mostly harmless?

Yeah, no-one else but the tests need this. I doubt anyone will call this
from a module and IIRC if it's not marked _X_EXPORT it won't be usable from
modules anyway. If you have a good idea on how to mark functions as "static
if it wasn't for a test", that'd be great.

> >       dix: add CopyGrab() function
>
> This one says that it introduces a memory leak that will be fixed when
> callers are switched to use FreeGrab, but I don't see any patch that
> fixes the leak. That doesn't seem like a good plan to me...

"dix: allocate temporary grabs on the heap" does that. I ran this through
valgrind and it didn't complain, iirc.

Cheers,
  Peter