[PULL] XI 2.2 and multitouch patches

Chase Douglas chase.douglas at canonical.com
Wed Dec 21 10:43:14 PST 2011

On 12/21/2011 09:48 AM, Keith Packard wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 16:04:28 +1000, Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at who-t.net> wrote:
>> Keith,
>>
>> Please pull the XI 2.2 work into master. This bumps the input ABI to 15, but
>> I also hope that we don't need another bump this cycle. Carlos found the
>> one known outstanding active grab bug that has now been fixed.
>
> Can you rebase these from master? They conflict with inpututils.c and
> configure.ac

I rebased his tree on top of master and pushed it to:

git://people.freedesktop.org/~cndougla/xserver multitouch-rebase

The rebase completed without any intervention. The conflicts were only
in surrounding context.

The commit "dix: button state must show the logical buttons, not
physical buttons" had already been pulled (and is currently the tip of
master), so it has been dropped.

I'm just trying to help out and speed things up for everyone. Feel free
to wait until Peter confirms my tree is correct if you want, but it's
all ready to be pulled according to the development process.

When you do pull it, it would help me out if you pulled with --no-ff.
We're going frankenstein with our next release, 1.11 server + 1.12 input
for multitouch, and it's easier to cherry-pick big merges like this
instead of each commit individually.

Thanks!

-- Chase