Using XInput 2 to simulate touchevents

mugunthan ext-mugunthan.1.ravichandran at nokia.com
Thu Feb 10 04:26:34 PST 2011

Hi ,

I m not seeing any events when I run evtest for the touch device

======================================
Input driver version is 1.0.1
Input device ID: bus 0x11 vendor 0x2 product 0x7 version 0x1b1
Input device name: "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad"
Supported events:
  Event type 0 (Sync)
  Event type 1 (Key)
    Event code 272 (LeftBtn)
    Event code 273 (RightBtn)
    Event code 274 (MiddleBtn)
    Event code 277 (ForwardBtn)
    Event code 278 (BackBtn)
    Event code 325 (ToolFinger)
    Event code 330 (Touch)
  Event type 3 (Absolute)
    Event code 0 (X)
      Value   2108
      Min     1472
      Max     5598
      Resolution      67
    Event code 1 (Y)
      Value   3821
      Min     1408
      Max     4670
      Resolution     111
    Event code 24 (Pressure)
      Value      0
      Min        0
      Max      255
    Event code 28 (Tool Width)
      Value      0
      Min        0
      Max        0
Testing ... (interrupt to exit)

even after VT switching to a TTY (using CNTL+ALT+F1). Any clues ?

Thanks,
Mugu