1.11 release process (was: [PULL] -next branch for 1.11)

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Mon Feb 28 22:42:19 PST 2011

On Feb 28, 2011, at 22:30, Keith Packard wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Mar 2011 15:55:13 +1000, Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at who-t.net> wrote:
>
>> There were a few times during the last cycle where patches didn't get merged
>> but for no apparent reason. A simple email to the list stating something
>> like "I'm unavailable for this week and won't be merging patches" would be
>> enough to know what's going on.
>
> Yeah, more communication is definitely better. I'm also trying to be
> pro-active when things seem ambiguous, not letting patches linger in an
> undefined state, but I do end up getting side-tracked by other
> activities on occasion. I'll let you know if I plan on getting pneumonia
> again too.

Another thing that might be nice is more integration with bugzilla.  Is there a way for bugzilla to send a weekly update to xorg-devel which details high priority (blocker, tentpole feature, performance) bugs in the 1.11 milestone?  That would certainly help things from falling through the cracks and may guide new developers looking for something to tackle.