xserver distcheck broken with and without --disable-devel-docs

Gaetan Nadon memsize at videotron.ca
Wed Jan 5 17:01:34 PST 2011

On Wed, 2011-01-05 at 14:15 +0000, Daniel Stone wrote:

> Sure, and I've no problem with that, but I'd like to be able to run
> distcheck and have it work even if the tree I run distcheck from has
> docs disabled.  (Which it does, because docs are the longest
> individual
> part of my build, other than linking libxorg.la.)

Have you tried --without-fop? This will disable the ps/pdf which
consumes a large portion
of time for the docs. These formats are not included in the tarball so
there should be no issue
at dist time. It will affect all docs, not just devel-docs, which is
even better.

It has been made the default configuration for X11.