needed modules for x-client only

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Tue Jan 18 17:44:26 PST 2011

On 01/18/11 04:42 PM, Maris wrote:
> I'm going to build a minimalistic x11 subsystem that only provides X-client
> functionality (embedded system without display), hence connecting to a remote
> display. Resources like
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/cvs/x/xorg7.html are very exhaustive,
> and from there I can get a rough idea of modules needed:
>
> proto-headers, libXdmcp, xorg libs, fontconfig
> ? libxcb ?
>
> I'd appreciate to find/get a more precise list (or a link).

Whatever set of libraries are needed by the clients you're going to run.

If that's only clients that are already ported to libxcb, then it may be
enough.   Otherwise you'ld need libxcb, plus libX11, libXau, libXdmcp,
x11proto, and whatever set of extensions your clients require the proto
& library modules for.

There is no single list that is both minimal and covers what every setup needs.

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com