supporting non-rectangular windows

Prasanta Sadhukhan psadhukhan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 22:40:16 PST 2011

Thanks. I added the following lines as told. Now I am getting a window but
1) it is not circular shaped although I am using X shape extension API
2) it is not accepting any input. XNextEvent() still hangs

attached is the modified program. Anything else I need to add

Also, can anyone help me to understand
what difference does it make if we call XSelectInput or XShapeSelectInput?
  Do we always need to use XShapeSelectInput if we have set a shape on the
window? Or are there cases in which we would want to use XSelectInput with a
shaped window?

Regards & thanks in advance